MakeBread offers private bread making experience organised around you. Classes are personalised to suit your level, the types of bread you like and at the time that is most convenient for you. Whether you are an absolute beginner wanting to learn the basics of yeasted dough or an enthusiastic baker looking to expand your repertoire, we would be glad to help you.
We teach in a simplified, easy to understand way, demystifying yeast and bread making process proving it to be a simple, satisfying and enjoyable affair. We provide all the ingredients and equipment, you provide enthusiasm and a functioning oven. It feels like the bakery has come to you!
Looking for a sourdough making class? Find it here.
make your bread and eat it too – we come to you!
- Not only you will learn the art of bread making using yeast, but all the tips, tricks and time-saving techniques as well, demystifying the process once and for all.
- At MakeBread classes, you aren’t just another spectator: you’ll receive our full attention and your questions will be answered.
- The whole class is hands-on and you are actively involved in the process of bread making.
- Our class doesn’t end on the day: as a BONUS we offer email support after your class if you have any bread making questions.
- We will teach you how to make several different types of yeasted breads, as well as how to make various types of bread from the same batch of dough using specific shaping and baking methods.
what our clients say
Thank you for a wonderful morning of bread making.It is truly amazing that so many varied and delicious breads can be made with relative ease using such wholesome ingredients. We all had a splendid time and want to thank you very much for giving us such an important life skill.
We look forward to the advanced course! (Mind you, we are so full of sticky buns that we won’t be doing anything for a little while!)
Linehan Family, Canterbury
- Learn how to make bread with yeast from scratch and/or utilize your bread making machine
- All levels from beginners to advanced
- We come to your home at a time that suits you
- Organic flour and other ingredients provided
- All ingredients are organic or natural and free from artificial colours, additives or preservatives
- Class duration is 4 to 5 hours (approx.)
- You keep all the baked goods
- A family bread making class makes a great present – Gift Vouchers available.
$399 per class for one or two participants, kids free
Additional participants $165 per person
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, during our bread making class school age kids are welcome to join the fun.
The class is approximately 5 hours long.
It costs $399 per class for one or two participants. Additional participants pay $165.
All dietary requirements need to be outlined at the time of booking and we will adapt the class to your special dietary needs.
You can reschedule the class/incursion/party with at least 30 days’ notice to the scheduled time (subject to availability). If the class is cancelled and not rescheduled we reserve the right to withhold $100 booking fee. One reschedule per booking allowed.
Comfortable clothing and flat, closed toe shoes. Apron is provided for use during the class.