Make Bread sourdough classes are specifically designed with a home baker in mind. We teach in a simplified, easy to understand way, demystifying the sourdough bread making process and proving it to be a simple, satisfying and enjoyable affair.
Private sourdough bread making classes are organised around you to suit your level, types of bread you like and at the time that is most convenient for you. Whether you are an absolute beginner wanting to learn the basics or an enthusiastic baker looking to expand your repertoire, we would be glad to help you.
Our sourdough bread making class makes a great present that keeps giving back – Gift Vouchers Available
how we are different from other Melbourne sourdough classes
- We come to you – convenience and comfort of doing a class at home
- You pick the time that suits you, we work around your schedule
- You choose the types of bread you like to eat and make
- We teach as home bakers
- Learn how to achieve the best baking results with a domestic oven
- At Make Bread sourdough classes, you aren’t just another participant: you’ll receive our full attention and your questions will be answered.
Learn how to maintain your sourdough starter and how to make one from scratch should you need to. We teach how to make several different types of bread, as well as how to make various types of bread from the same batch of dough using specific shaping and baking methods. The whole class is hands-on and you are actively involved in the process of bread making.
At the sourdough bread making class you can have all the time for yourself, or invite family members/friends to share a fun, hands-on bread making experience with you.
what is included
- Organic flour and other ingredients provided, organic/natural and free from artificial colours, additives and preservatives
- Two types of sourdough starter for you to keep
- Sourdough starter instructions and recipe booklet
- All equipment provided
- You keep all the baked goods
- Our class doesn’t end on the day: as a BONUS we offer email support after your class if you have any bread making questions.
Book Your Class Now
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, during our bread making class school age kids are welcome to join the fun.
The class is approximately 5 hours long.
It costs $399 per class for one or two participants. Additional participants pay $165.
All dietary requirements need to be outlined at the time of booking and we will adapt the class to your special dietary needs.
You can reschedule the class/incursion/party with at least 30 days’ notice to the scheduled time (subject to availability). If the class is cancelled and not rescheduled we reserve the right to withhold $100 booking fee. One reschedule per booking allowed.
Comfortable clothing and flat, closed toe shoes. Apron is provided for use during the class.