Are you a holiday program, holiday club or vacation care provider? Are you looking for unique holiday program incursions in Melbourne? An activity that is hands-on and fun, but educational at the same time? Then look no further! MakeBread offers bread baking holiday program incursions like no other.
Bread making has great educational potential. It’s a fun and practical activity that teaches children about food, healthy eating, mathematics (sequencing, measuring, estimating, adding), science, hygiene, safe food handling, expands vocabulary and actively engages all senses.
why book makebread holiday program incursions:
- MakeBread incursions are “hands-on” – all students have the opportunity to knead and shape the dough
- Bread making is a real life skill and kids are thrilled to eat food they have made.
- The dough is made from scratch: children can follow all the steps from ingredients mixing to baked product
- Bread making represents practical education where children are involved in the whole process rather than just being spectators.
- Incursions are tailored to suit age differences within the group at holiday programs.
- Convenience – we come to you and bring all you need to make organic bread products.
- We use certified organic flour and all natural/organic ingredients free from artificial and potentially harmful additives, preservatives and flavours.
- MakeBread caters for children with all food allergies, including coeliac and wheat intolerance.
- It feels like the bakery has come to you!
what our clients say:
Thank you on behalf of the staff and children who attended the “MakeBread” incursion during the September school holidays.
In my experience cooking is one of the children’s favourite activities making your incursion a definite winner for both adults and children alike. We not only made a variety of breads, but the children were all able to make their own pizza’s, choosing their own toppings and thoroughly enjoying the whole process. The yeast experiments that you conducted made the learning experience a joy rather than a chore. Also your rapport with the children kept them all keen to do well.
OSHC Coordinator Neerim South Primary School
holiday program incursions details:
- Ingredients are provided and are organic/natural
- We use organic flour
- All equipment is provided, except for oven
- Bread Making incursion is “hands-on” – all students have the opportunity to knead and shape dough
- Fresh yeast is used to make bread
- Students will finish the session by eating freshly baked breads they have made
- Each group will be presented with the MakeBread Certificate of Achievement
|Duration (approx.)||Cost (no GST applicable)|
|1 group (up to 30 children)||3 hours||$360|
|2 groups (up to 60 children)||4 hours||$590*|
|3 groups (up to 90 children)||5 hours||$790*|
* Prices for two and three groups are based on sessions held on the same day simultaneously
Maximum 30 students per group
Make Bread has Public Liability Insurance and Working With Children Check
Kinder Incursions Frequently Asked Questions
The Incursion is divided into three parts: making dough, shaping, eating. If there are two or three groups, we first make the dough with group one. During the raising time, the second group makes their dough. Then the third. Then it’s back to group one for shaping and so on, till we have all the breads shaped, risen and baked.
Yes. There are two main segments where children are involved in bread making activities, each followed by a break. The final third is eating freshly baked breads.
All children can take part. We make gluten free breads as well. We don’t use any nuts and will cater for other specific food allergies. However, in a case of severe nut allergy, we cannot guarantee that traces aren’t preset in some of the ingredients unless the manufacturers clearly state so.
Of course. We only need one oven and can adapt to any facility.
All dietary requirements need to be outlined at the time of booking and we will adapt the class to your special dietary needs.
Hot Cross Buns, Herb & Garlic Monkey Bread and Bread Rolls are the most popular MakeBread incursions.
You can reschedule the class/incursion/party with at least 30 days’ notice to the scheduled time (subject to availability). If the class is cancelled and not rescheduled we reserve the right to withhold $100 booking fee. One reschedule per booking allowed.
The choice of baked product depends on the facilities, number of children, learning topic, dietary requirements etc. Upon your enquiry MakeBread will offer you several incursion options based on the above.