Preschool children learn best through hands-on experiences. Baking bread with children is the perfect way to stimulate the developing mind and actively engage all the senses.
Bread making is fun, but also a very practical, real life activity with great educational potential. It’s well known that cooking activities help develop many skills in the young child:
- mathematics (sequencing, measuring, estimating)
- simple science
- taking turns
- listening to instructions
- fine motor skills
- language skills
- food preparation and general hygiene
- enjoyment of cooking something for themselves
Make bread offers Bread making incursions where all kids have the opportunity to actively participate by kneading and shaping the dough. The best part, of course, is eating freshly baked bread!
“On Friday 11th June we had Vesna from “Make Bread“ join us to bake bread, pizzas and grissini. The children loved the high participation level of this activity from mixing the ingredients, watching the yeast activate and the bread rise, rolling out the dough, cooking it and of course eating their results. It proved to be a great activity.”
Dianne Cookesley, 3 Year-old Group Teacher
Robert Cochrane Kindergarten, Hawthorn
Kinder Incursion Cost
|Duration approx.||Cost (no GST applicable)|
|1 session||2 1/2 – 3 hours||$310|
|2 sessions||3 1/2 – 4 hours||$490|
|3 sessions||4 1/2 – 5 hours||$630|
- Prices for multiple sessions are based on sessions held on the same day simultaneously
- Maximum 30 students per class
- Travel costs apply for trips over 50km return from McKinnon
We have Working With Children Check and Public Liability Insurance.