Baking and eating bread has a great educational potential. It’s a fun and practical activity that teaches children about food, mathematics (sequencing, measuring, estimating, adding), science, hygiene, safe food handling, expands vocabulary and actively engages all senses.
It is a real life skill and kids are thrilled to eat food they have made. Bread making represents practical education where children are involved in the whole process rather than just being spectators.
All sessions are tailored to student age and school facilities.
What our clients say:
Thank you on behalf of the staff and children who attended the “Make Bread” incursion during the September school holidays.In my experience cooking is one of the children’s favourite activities making your incursion a definite winner for both adults and children alike.
We not only made a variety of breads, but the children were all able to make their own pizza’s, choosing their own toppings and thoroughly enjoying the whole process. The yeast experiments that you conducted made the learning experience a joy rather than a chore. Also your rapport with the children kept them all keen to do well.
Neerim South Primary School
Bread Making incursion details:
- Ingredients are provided and are all organic and/or natural
- We use organic flour
- All equipment is provided
- Bread Making incursion is “hands-on” – students will have the opportunity to knead and shape the dough
- Fresh yeast is used to make bread
- Students will finish the session with eating freshly baked breads they have made
- Each class will be presented with the Make Bread Certificate of Achievement
|Duration (approx.)||Cost (no GST applicable)|
|1 session||2 1/2 – 3 hours||$340|
|2 sessions||3 1/2 – 4 hours||$540|
|3 sessions||4 1/2 – 5 hours||$680|
- Prices for multiple sessions are based on sessions held on the same day simultaneously
- Maximum 30 students per class
- Travel costs apply for locations over 25km from McKinnon
We have the Working With Children Check and Public Liability Insurance.